South West CDC has launched Share-Your-Book @ South West, a program in partnership with ALBA W&H and Sharetings that encourages residents to donate their gently used storybooks to participating community libraries and reading corners in the district. Using the Sharetings app, residents can choose to donate their books directly to these locations or continue to exchange books with one another through the app.
Not only will donating books help to promote literacy and a love of reading within the community, but it also has the added benefit of supporting a good cause by benefiting vulnerable residents as part of South West CDC’s efforts to create a caring community.
To donate your storybooks through the Share-Your-Book @ South West program, simply follow these steps:
- Download the Sharetings app
- Create an account and sign in
- Click on the Share-Your-Book feature on the homepage of the app
- Select the location where you would like to donate your books (up to 5 books per listing)
- Fill in your contact details and upload images of your books
- Submit your listing
- If your books are accepted, you will receive an email with instructions on where and when to drop off your donations
- After dropping off your books, scan the ALBA STEP UP QR code at the location to earn 50 CO2 points on the ALBA STEP UP mobile app
By participating in Share-Your-Book @ South West, you can support literacy in your community and make a positive impact on the environment by reducing waste and promoting the reuse of gently used items.”